A Question - for White Christians


Here’s a question…where are my fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ, who happen to be WHITE?

Where is your outrage? Where is your condemnation? Why is it so easy for you to speak out against this happening in a CHURCH, but not want to give voice to the fact that this was done because it was a BLACK church?

You do realize that these folks were chosen…targeted…not because they were followers of Yeshua, but because they happened to be BLACK?


Why is it so hard for you to wrap your mind and your thoughts and your words around THAT fact? Why is it easier for you to ignore the BIG WHITE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM and acknowledge that if no other time, (side-eye), this ONE time it had EVERYTHING to do with the color of their skins?

Is it easier for you to remain shrouded in your willful ignorance? Is it an easier pill for you to swallow that he was Mentally Ill, than it is to admit that as much as we want to believe that we are in a Post-Racial period of existence, that we are in fact in 1963, Pt 2?

I’m not calling out ALL WHITE CHRISTIANS, just those I see posting on various message boards and profiles, who want to offer‪#‎PrayersForCharleston‬ yet can’t seem to bring themselves to admit that THIS was about RACE.

No, not calling ALL of you out, just the ones who continue to disrespect me and those who look like me by saying that they “don’t see color”.

The ones who believe that our focus on this being a racial incident is a disservice to everyone and will only continue to spread hate.

Those who would want me, and those who look like me, who have to live with the knowledge that TODAY has proven that we are not even safe in the House of the Lord, to ‪#‎PrayforCharleston‬ and keep it moving.

The ones who would implore me to not to jump to any conclusions, even after the shooter himself has admitted that this was always and only about race.

I just need and want you to help me understand where your mindset is at, so that I can continue to embrace you as The Word tells me to and not continue to give you the side-eye that has been on my mind since this time last year.



Photo Credit: Rev. Peter M. Preble

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!