I'm Pissed - Charleston, SC



This same sense of rage that is building up in me right now, was present this time last year, when it seemed like it was DEFINITELY OPEN SEASON on folks who LOOK like me!

I am TIRED..sick and TIRED of black folks being the reason/cause/target of almost EVERY ill that afflicts this country that I call the land of my birth. I am also tired - sick and tired - of our FAUX OUTRAGE while the issues are in the spotlight, for us to turn around in a few HOURS and act like everything is ok.

Until WE understand that NOTHING will change until WE get our STUFF together and start DEMANDING and EXPECTING what is due, each and every one of us are walking around with a target on our backs.



I am also TIRED of us PLACATING folks. We are so careful to watch our words, to ensure that they don't offend the sensibilities of others, when not one DAMN is given about how we feel/react/respond to the things that are said/done to us.


I'm hearing "mentally ill" being thrown around and it's coming from U S just as much as it's coming from THEM! The folks who shot those cops in NY, were they given the opportunity to be described as "MENTALLY ILL"? 


There's not a damn thing wrong with him...he KNEW what he was doing...left someone alive so that his reason could be delivered.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!