Eating To Live



At the age of 45 years old, I have dealt with my triple diagnosis (for over a year now), of not only HYPERTENSION and DIABETES, but also HEART DISEASE! Since my diagnosis back in 2014, I've taken the steps to work on all of these:
- tobacco and nicotine free (it's been a little over a week, but I've done it!)
- lost 55+ lbs
- cut beef, salt, and sugar out of my diet
- lowered the amount of carbs

and take about seven meds daily. Yet and still, my blood pressure is still elevated, my blood sugar still fluctuates between too high and ok, and my heart is still enlarged.

After reading HOW NOT TO DIE  by Dr. Michael Greger, I've decided that besides exercising (more), I also need to change what I eat. So, I've decided to transition to a WHOLE-FOOD, PLANT-BASED Diet.

My mantra over the past few weeks on Facebook, as been "When YAH Says Move, You Move - Just Like That". Well, that mantra has manifested into my creating/forming a group on Facebook for those who - like me - are considering transitioning to a WHOLE-FOOD, PLANT-BASED lifestyle.

The group, EATING TO LIVE, was created so that we can share, educate, and motivate each other through this transition. If you're considering making this move, and would like support and/or accountability, feel free to join us. There are no restrictions and/or requirements and the only rule is - RESPECT each other.

Would love to have you...here's to our LETTING FOOD BE OUR MEDICINE!

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!