It's Time...




I’ve been trying to work since I woke up this morning to learn that yet another Black Man has been murdered at the hands of those who have been charged with serving and protecting. I know that it’s not going to sit well with those who have employed me, but when I tell you that my heart and mind just aren’t into working today, it just isn’t.  Add to it that I am the only contractor of color for this organization, and my expectations of their understanding what I’m dealing with sink even lower.

I don’t know if I have the words to speak to just how outraged, hurt, devastated, in pain, frustrated, I am right now. No, I didn’t know either Alton Sterling or Philando Castile, (or Sandra Bland, Tamir Rice or the HUNDREDS of other People of Color who have died at the hands of the Police in this country), but the weight of their murders sits with me still. When I see those two Kings…I’m reminded that there, but for the grace of YAH, goes my Daddy…my Brothers (blood and ‘adopted’), my Sons (‘adopted’), my Grandsons, and yes – sadly – my Mothers, my Sisters, my Daughters, and even me.

I’ve been praying asking YAH to take this anger from me. To help me direct it towards something more constructive. Help me direct it in such a manner that will bring about some change, but I’m still waiting for His response. In the meantime, what do I do with these feelings? I feel both HELPLESS and HOPELESS – and that’s a scary proposition.


There will be more….


REST IN POWER KINGS!

               
            Alton Sterling
Philando Castile

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!