Feelings


Seluci
"Do Not Hide Your Feelings" by Selucia


I keep telling myself
I need to step
Outside of
My feelings
But it’s hard to do
I’d be lying to others
But most importantly
To myself

Just
Like you
I crave
Interaction
Connection
Bonding
And when
It’s denied of me
Or to me
I make
The conscious decision
I decide
To keep to myself
And hide
My hurt
My pain
Behind that smile
At least
For a little while

So
The next time
An invitation
An offer
Is extended
And it’s declined
Try to remember
And do not
Count it
As my being
Stuck up
Or my thinking
That I’m
Too good
To be around
Associated
Aligned
With you
Or your crew
Chalk it up
To my decision
To protect my heart
And step out of
My feelings

After all
I’m
Human,
Just like you.


© August 3, 2014
Dejanique "The Coca Poetess"

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!