I LOVE Being Me!




Chocolate, the color of my skin
Chocolate, the color God placed me in
Not always appreciated, especially by me
But God’s grace finally set me free
Free to embrace this, not as burden, but more as a gift
Waking every morning with
His praises on my lips
No more praying for lighter skin
I’ve come to love, to accept, the beauty within
Recognizing He made me this way, for a reason
And that acceptance of ME to Him is pleasing
Thank you Father for helping me to see
That I should be proud of what You created
Should be proud of how You made me

© Dejanique, "The Coco Poetess" 2009

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!