He Called Me Beautiful



Beautiful
Photo courtesy of HD Wallpaper 3D

He called me beautiful

And I believed him

Never once looking for

The ulterior motive

The other shoe to drop

The hint of that something ‘extra’

That he wanted

Expected

The words came forth

From his lips

And I heard truth

His

And knew that he

Meant it

That it mattered not

To him

What others thought

Whether they agreed

Or not

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

And for him

That was enough

And for me

In that moment

That was enough

As well



©08/27/13

Dejanique, “The Coco Poetess”

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!