Letting Go – Again (Soul Ties)

It’s like a sickness
A cancerous plague
The way
That you
Invade my space
Without
My even
Thinking about
You
Or
Wanting to

Our song
Brings a smile
Followed by a frown
As I remember
That as much
As I enjoyed
And relished
The good times
The bad times
Outweighed
Them all

I thought
I saw
A glimpse
Of you
And I smile
As I remember
The small things
You used to do

That smile fades
When I remember
How you
And things you said
Caused me
To question
My sanity
And
My very
existence

Was that your car
Driving next to me
Oh how I wish it were
Until
I remember
How
Being in that car
You told me
In no uncertain terms
That you
Weren’t willing
To give me
What you said
You would
And could
And then blamed me
For believing you.

So knowing all this
I cannot
For the life
Of me
Understand
Why
There’s a
Side of me
That wants you
In my life
In my face
In my bed
When I know
That you
Are no good
For me
And I
Am too good
For you.

No shade
Just truth

What is it
About you
That has me
Wanting you
Similar to
A fiend
Wanting
Her fix.
Why is it
That I am
Addicted to you
Knowing that
No matter what
I do
Or
What
I say
You will
Never consider me
Worthy enough
To love
To honor
To respect
To love
The way I should

I have
To find a way
To purge myself
Of the Soul Ties
That bind me
To you
That permeate
My every thought
Lately
That makes me want
To forget
The negative
And
Hold on to
The positives
As rare
As they were
To make
Excuses
Knowing
That in reality
They’re all
Lies.

Them damn soul ties…



©August 28, 2014

Dejanique - The Coco Poetess

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!