Depressed (You Think?)


*Note From Dejanique* Re-reading this, I can tell that when I first wrote this, I was at a very dark place in my life and my poetry was my only SAFE outlet.  I thank YAH for finally showing me a different way to look at life....


My life is shit and I wish I could end it

But I’m too much of a ‘pussy’
To just do it
Too scared
Of what I’ll meet
On the other side
So
I stay here
And wonder
What I can do
To lessen the pain
The hurt
The confusion
Depression
I swear
I take
Ten steps back
For every one I take
To move forward
When it seems
That
I’m making a difference
Or
There’s a chance
For the better
I find myself
Stumbling
All over again

I want to just stop
Stop and say
“Forget It!”
Start drinking
Start drugging
Do something to numb
The pain
The hurt
The confusion

But instead
I sit
Day in
Day out
And
Prepare myself
To die
Die
A slow death
A death
Full of
Pain
Hurt
And unfortunately
Confusion

Depression – such a pain in the ass!

©July 2006
Dejanique - The Coco Poetess

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!