The Cleansing

"A Cleansing" by Pearl82980
Last night
I finally allowed the tears to flow
The ones I had been holding back
In a failed attempt
At saving face
I finally allowed
All the emotion
That had been building up
To finally fall
From my eyes
And it was raw
It was painful
Came from
The very core
Of me
Caused me
To cry out
And almost double over in pain
But although
The emotions
Were raw
And
Quite painful
The tears
They did fall
They did drop
And when I was done
I felt refreshed
Renewed
And as if
I could face anything
Do anything
In fact, conquer the world
And I now know
That I will be able
To face all my tomorrows
Because that release
Gave me – strength

© August 1, 2012 – Dejanique, the “Coco Poetess”

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!