Sister



"At The Beach" by Harrison Byars
Sister, you’ve been on my mind….
And it’s because of all that you’ve shared
And all that you’ve been through
That I’ve been able to find
The strength to proceed
The strength to go on
The strength to continue
Singing my song
This journey of late
Has been one rough pill to swallow
And I know
That all this
Is for a reason
And that there’s no need for me
To wallow
In self doubt
In self pity
In self recrimination

Sister, we're two of a kind…
Although the miles separate us
And so have the years
It amazes me how similar we are
At the history we share
We’ve all been through hell
We’ve all been through pain
But our history
Is one and the same
The fact that we’re still here
Speaks to not only our strength
But also the love,
The mercy
And
The favor of God
And because of this
I know that we’re meant
To be here on earth
To share our story
And once we’re all done
To God be the glory

Sister, have I got news for you…
It’s been a blessing to find
A powerfully blessed woman such you
You’ll never fully know
You’ll never fully understand
How your love
Your support
Your respect
Has brought me through
The hard times
The rough times
And so, I honor you
I lift you up
For all eyes to see
The woman who has
Become my friend
My mentor
My family
A true sister to me

So sister, I'm keepin' my eyes on you…
I’m here for you
As you’ve been here for me
I need you to understand
I need you to see
That the love
The support
The honor
The respect
Flows on a two-way street
And at the crossroad
Is where we’ll meet
Should the time ever come
When you need a helping hand
All you have to do is call
I’ll be there
I’ll come to you
As fast and as quick as I can

So let me tell you somethin' sister
Remember your name…
Mother, Daughter, Aunt
Friend, Supporter, Ally
Mentor, Adviser, Counselor
Confidant, Sounding Board
Close Friend, Best Friend
Sister
Sister-Friend
They’re all one and the same


©January 31, 2007
Dejanique - The Coco Poetess

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!