The Soul - Scribed

Picture/Artist Unknown
Your very presence
Brings a smile to my face
Causes me to reminisce
About times
That I once thought
Were never meant
To be mine
To embrace
Times
That were long gone
Never to reappear
Again.
On the surface
You fit the bill
You say
The right things
Look like
Pieces of my dream
Yet, unfilled
But when I pull back
The curtain
To look at the very essence
Of your being
There’s something missing
Something so profound
Something that’s not present
That causes me to pause
That causes me to wonder
What it is
That you’re really
Attempting to do
What is it
That you’re really
Attempting to say
What you’re
Real
Intentions are
I wonder
Why you’re so focused
On me
Do you want
What you think you see
Or what’s really there?
Are you more interested in embracing
All of me
Or do you prefer
To keep me secreted away
Only to draw me out
When it’s convenient
Or beneficial
For you
The fact
That I have these questions
Yet no answers
Bothers me
The fact
That I have these questions
And you don’t
Bothers me
And
The fact
That that bother
Bothers me
Is enough
More than enough
For me
To walk away.

© April 27, 2016
Dejanique "The Coca Poetess"


Dedicated to THE SoulScribe herself.  TY for being the muse for my first COMPLETED piece in 2016.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! The fact that you decided to come by my little space here on the internet and then felt moved to leave a comment, means the world to me.

You Are Appreciated!